The scientific workforce plays a vital role in the healthcare system and is supported by the Blood Matters scientist.
Blood Matters aims to:
- assist with education and resources to support transfusion scientists (with best practice in the areas of blood management)
- ensure compliance with national guidelines and standards.
Emergency use of group O red blood cells
Information, resources and support tools to assist health services implement recommendations in line with the National Statement for the Emergency Use of Group O Red Blood Cells.
Provision of emergency use red blood cells to Ambulance Victoria
Ambulance Victoria processes for emergency use blood request and pickup in rural and regional Victoria, including traceability and cold chain management.
National Certification of Medical Laboratory Workforce
Voluntary certification scheme for the medical laboratory science profession in Australia.
Events for Victorian transfusion scientists
Upcoming events of interest to Victorian transfusion scientists.
On the Bench and Beyond newsletter
The Blood Matters Program would like to acknowledge everyone who has contributed to the success of the project so far:
- Health and pathology services throughout Victoria.
- Department of Health Victoria.
- Australian Red Cross Lifeblood.
- South Australian BloodMove Project.
- The National Blood Authority.
Reviewed 04 October 2023