- Smoke-free zones on public transport have been extended to cover all areas of train stations and raised-platform tram stops.
- Smoking is also prohibited in bus and tram shelters and on all trains, trams and buses.
- For more information please visit the Public Transport Victoria website.
Smoking is prohibited in all areas of train stations, raised-platform tram stops and bus shelters across Victoria’s public transport network.
Under the ban, a fine of $212 for adults and $72 for children may be levied for smoking in any of the following areas:
- all areas of train stations
- tram shelters and raised-platform tram stops
- bus shelters
- on trains, trams and buses.
More information about smoking bans on public transport is available from the Public Transport Victoria website.
Reviewed 01 December 2022