The department is responsible for ensuring that quality health services are delivered to the community.
The department plans, develops policy, funds and regulates health service providers and activities that promote and protect the health of Victorians. It funds more than 500 organisations to provide various health services.
In general terms, funded organisations are expected to:
- deliver the volume of services for which departmental funding is provided
- deliver quality services consistent with prescribed standards and guidelines
- deliver services that are accessible, inclusive and responsive to the diversity of the Victorian community
- provide agreed data and reporting to meet accountability and planning requirements
- work with the department to develop new approaches to service delivery.
Statements of Priorities
Statements of priorities are annual accountability agreements that facilitate delivery of the key shared objectives of financial viability, improved access and quality of service provision.
Strategic planning in health services
Provides a summary overview of the theory and process to be considered by Health Services when developing their upcoming strategic plans.
Activity Based Funding
Activity Based Funding is the system by which governments can determine funding to public hospitals.
Performance monitoring framework
The Victorian Health Service Performance Monitoring Framework has four strategic directions that guide health service performance.
Annual reporting guidelines
Information for Victorian health services about their obligations regarding annual reports.
Integrity governance framework and assessment tool
The Integrity governance framework and better practice assessment and reporting tool is a resource to assist health services in assessing their local risks and improve integrity practices to reduce fraud and corruption.
Reviewed 27 October 2021