- Victoria has many rural and regional health services providing diverse care.
- There are five rural health regions with 70 rural and regional public health services and hospitals.
- There are six bush nursing hospitals and 15 bush nursing centres.
- Aboriginal health services are administered in partnership with the Aboriginal community.
Rural and regional health services are provided across Victoria. Services include public health services and hospitals, Aboriginal health services, community health services, bush nursing centres and bush nursing hospitals.
There are five rural health regions, covering hospitals and health services:
- Barwon South Western
- Loddon Mallee
Bush nursing hospitals
There are five bush nursing hospitals and one operating as a non-government organisation:
- Ballan and District Soldiers’ Memorial Bush Nursing Hospital
- Euroa Health
- Heyfield Hospital Incorporated
- Nagambie HealthCare
- Neerim District Health Service
- Cobden District Health Services (non-government organisation)
Bush nursing centres
|Balmoral Bush Nursing Centre||Barwon South Western|
|Buchan Bush Nursing Centre||Gippsland|
|Cann Valley Bush Nursing Centre||Gippsland|
|Dargo Bush Nursing Centre||Gippsland|
|Dartmoor & District Bush Nursing Centre||Barwon South Western|
|Dingee Bush Nursing Centre||Loddon Mallee|
|Elmhurst Bush Nursing Centre||Grampians|
|Ensay Bush Nursing Centre||Gippsland|
|Gelantipy District Bush Nursing Centre||Gippsland|
|Harrow Bush Nursing Centre||Grampians|
|Lake Bolac Bush Nursing Centre||Grampians|
|Lockington & District Bush Nursing Centre||Loddon Mallee|
|Swifts Creek Bush Nursing Centre||Gippsland|
|Walwa Bush Nursing Centre||Hume|
|Woomelang & District Bush Nursing Centre||Grampians|
Aboriginal health services are provided in partnership with the Aboriginal community and local stakeholders.
Community health services
A broad range of health services are often delivered in community-based settings.
Reviewed 05 October 2015