There are many different types of services available across Victoria's health and human services system. No common system automatically links services to allow people with multiple needs to access coordinated care.
The service coordination framework was developed as part of the Primary Care Partnership Strategy. It helps health service providers to work together to align practices, processes and systems so:
- people access the health services they need, no matter what service they go to first
- providers exchange the right information so consumers receive good care from the right providers at the right time
- people have their health and social needs identified early, preventing deterioration in health.
- Service coordination places consumers at the centre of service delivery. The idea is to maximise consumers’ likelihood of accessing the services that they need.
Service coordination also enables organisations to remain independent of each other, while cooperating to give consumers a seamless and integrated response.
The resources to support service coordination practice in Victoria include:
- the Victorian and the Good practice guide 2012
- the SCTT 2012 (individual tools and templates , including the consumer information privacy in over 50 languages)
- the (includes all service coordination tools and templates, and further information, in booklet form)
- for service coordination tool templates (for software vendors).
Service coordination practice manual
The Victorian service coordination practice manual supports service coordination in Victoria.
Service coordination e-learning modules and trainer guides
Service coordination e-learning modules and trainer guides for health services and registered training organisations.
Continuous improvement framework
The continuous improvement framework is a tool to help Victorian service providers implement service coordination.
Service coordination tool templates
This page provides information about Department of Health & Human Services service coordination tool templates (SCTT) which help providers to record and exchange information.
SCTT templates (forms)
This page includes a list and copies of the service coordination tool templates (SCTT) help providers to record and exchange information.
Privacy and consent in service coordination
Privacy and consent requirements for Victoria health service providers.
Reviewed 05 January 2023