Victorian Government Departments and agencies charge a range of:
- fees for services and regulatory purposes, including licensing and registering certain activities
- fines for improper conduct, and to discourage unlawful behaviour.
Fees and fines are officially set and revised by legislation relevant to their application.
The Victorian Government has a policy of automatically indexing certain fees and fines each year for inflation so that the value of those fees and fines is maintained.
Penalties and fines
A list of automatically indexed fees and fines that are the responsibility of Department of Health and which contribute to the Victorian Government's consolidated revenue are provided below:
- Health Service Performance and Programs Penalties 2014-2015
- Health Services Performance and Programs fees 2014-2015
- Mental Health Wellbeing and Ageing fees 2014-2015
- Mental Health Wellbeing and Ageing Penalties 2014-2015
- Regulation Health Protection and Regions fees 2014-2015
- Regulation Health Protection and Regions Penalties 2014-2015
Although the department has sought to make these lists as accurate and complete as possible, updates and revisions may be necessary.
For information about the operation or payment of specific fees or fines, please contact the department. These lists are not intended as a guide to specific fees and fines.
Fees and charges
The material provided is intended for use as a general reference only. It is made available on the understanding that while the Department of Health endeavours to maintain complete, accurate, and up-to-date information users are aware that:
Department of Health does not warrant the accuracy of the information provided and will accept no responsibility for reliance upon it users should exercise their own care and skill when using the material by providing this general information Department of Health and Human Services is not providing advice to users should take appropriate professional advice before relying upon the information.
Department of Health does not warrant the accuracy of the information provided and will accept no responsibility for reliance upon it nor responsible for any errors or omissions in the material provided. Links to other websites are inserted for convenience only and do not constitute an endorsement of the material on those sites, or of any associate organisation, product or service.
Reviewed 26 August 2022