Department of Health


Find out how to make a payment to the Department of Health.

The Department of Health may charge a fee for some of the services it provides. These might include licensing and registering certain activities.

If you have used a service that has a fee attached, you will receive an invoice from the Department. There are a number of ways to pay this invoice.

For information about the operation and payment of specific licences and permits:

For information about our costs, see Fees, charges and penalties subject to automatic indexation.

Pay online

The following payments to the Department of Health may be paid online:

  • Drugs and Poisons licences and permits
  • Radiation Licences - Management Licence, Use Licence and Approved Testers Licence
  • Cooling Tower registration

Go to the secure online payments areaExternal Link to pay with your Visa or Mastercard.

Please note: The online payments link will take you to the Westpac Payway online payment service where you will need your reference number to proceed with the payment.


Contact your bank, credit union or building society to make payments from your cheque or savings account. The Biller Code and Reference Number are required when making payment using BPAY.

In person

Please present your invoice and payment at your local Department of Health and Human Services office during business hours. Payments by cheque or cash only.

By mail

Make your cheque or money order payable to the Department of Health. Please detach the payment slip from the invoice and mail it together with your payment to the address specified on the invoice.

By phone

To pay by Mastercard or Visa through the Westpac Payway phone service, call 1300 885 175 and follow the voice prompts. You will need your reference number (found under the credit card payment option on your invoice). Biller code is also required when making a credit card payment.

Reviewed 17 April 2024


Was this page helpful?