The Child Development Information System (CDIS) is a computer application. It makes the delivery of healthcare more effective and efficient.
It does this by:
- improving safety and outcomes
- expediting service delivery
- maximising health care provider utilisation
- keeping costs under control, by eliminating duplicate data entry and other significant redundancies.
About the system
The system was built as part of an integrated healthcare solution. This is known as the Electronic Knowledge and Information Data System (eKIDS).
The CDIS works with both outdated and new applications. You can tailor it to fit your information requirements and workflow preferences.
The CDIS stores data within a reliable and secure centralised database.
- tracking client activity
- service and history recording
- referral workflow
- appointment and clinical availability scheduling
- clinical assessment
- treatment and review
- detailed reporting.
The CDIS has many advantages including:
- compatibility with existing technology and infrastructure
- the ability to streamline data collection
- flexible reporting
- enhances communication between key stakeholders and healthcare professionals.
This leads to outcomes that include happier and healthier families.
Login to CDIS
CDIS Problems and Support
CDIS problems or issues can be reported by:
CDIS documents – updated 2020
MCH practice processes
- Calendar overview.
- Home page.
- Duplicate tab.
- Back arrow.
- CDIS HelpDesk Portal.
- Calendar icons.
- Create non-client appointment.
- Pending consultation report.
- State and local search.
- How to search: name. mobile, ID, address.
- Advanced search option.
- Select client.
- If client not found.
- Make appointment from calendar.
- Make appointment from client screen.
- Client summary page: Update details.
- Client consent: Victorian MCH Service.
- Client relationships: Add/Create.
- History & notes.
- Commencing consultations.
- Growth details and history.
- Nutrition and history.
- Family health and wellbeing.
- Assessments: KAS and additional assessments.
- Counselling: Child and family/mother reasons.
- Recommended contacts.
- Notes: Documentation.
- Outcomes: Only for Enhanced MCH Service.
- Saving consultations: Draft and save.
- Creating an external referral from within consultation.
- Creating an external referral from child history.
- Did Not Attend from Calendar.
- Telephone consultation.
- Client Not Present.
- Add attachment.
- MCH CDIS processes.
- How to open a duplicate tab.
- Creating a new client history from Birth Notices received.
- Birth notification visit.
- Offer of home visit.
- Pre-home visit safety assessment.
- State search.
- Creating new client record when client born interstate, overseas or. transferring in from non-CDIS council.
- Transfer process in from a CDIs council.
- Changing internal sites.
- Open/change/close process when client moves interstate/overseas or to a non-CDIs council.
- All processes required to accurately document a stillborn baby.
- Viewing active list by site for list of overdue KAS consults.
- Adding new group dates.
- Manage groups to add facilitators.
- Adding clients to waitlist or directly to group.
- Documenting attendance, individual observations and group notes.
- Referring the PCG to EMCH service.
- Assigning EMCH referral to a clinician.
- Adding children to EMCH program.
- Scheduling appointments in EMCH.
- EMCH closure.
- Adding clients to Out of Home Care Program through the Internal Referral.
- Accepting the Out of Home Care Internal Referral.
Reviewed 11 July 2023