The Child Development Information System (CDIS) is a computer application that makes the delivery of healthcare more effective and efficient.
It does this by:
- improving safety and outcomes
- expediting service delivery
- maximising health care provider utilisation
- keeping costs under control, by eliminating duplicate data entry and other significant redundancies.
About the system
The system was built as part of an integrated health care solution, the Electronic Knowledge and Information Data System (eKIDS).
The CDIS works with both outdated and new applications and can be tailored to fit your information requirements and workflow preferences.
Within a reliable and secure centralised database, functionality includes:
- tracking client activity
- service and history recording
- referral workflow
- appointment and clinical availability scheduling
- clinical assessment
- treatment and review
- detailed reporting.
CDIS is compatible with existing technology and infrastructure, streamlines data collection, includes flexible reporting, and enables enhanced communication between key stakeholders and healthcare professionals, leading to happier and healthier families.This leads to happier and healthier families.
Login to CDIS
CDIS Problems and Support
CDIS problems or issues can be reported by telephone 1300 856 183 and CDIS@support.vic.gov.au (business hours Monday-Friday).
CDIS documents – updated 2020
MCH practice processes
1. (password required)
- Calendar overview.
- Home page.
- Duplicate tab.
- Back arrow.
- CDIS HelpDesk Portal.
- Calendar icons.
- Create non-client appointment.
- Pending consultation report.
2. Search for a (password required)
- State and local search.
- How to search: name. mobile, ID, address.
- Advanced search option.
- Select client.
- If client not found.
3. Create client (password required)
- Make appointment from calendar.
- Make appointment from client screen.
4. Overview of a client (password required)
- Client summary page: Update details.
- Client consent: Victorian MCH Service.
- Client relationships: Add/Create.
- History & notes.
5. (password required)
- Commencing consultations.
- Growth details and history.
- Nutrition and history.
- Family health and wellbeing.
- Assessments: KAS and additional assessments.
- Counselling: Child and family/mother reasons.
- Recommended contacts.
- Notes: Documentation.
- Outcomes: Only for Enhanced MCH Service.
- Saving consultations: Draft and save.
6. External (password required)
- Creating an external referral from within consultation.
- Creating an external referral from child history.
7. (password required)
- Did Not Attend from Calendar.
- Telephone consultation.
- Client Not Present.
- Add attachment.
- MCH CDIS processes.
- How to open a duplicate tab.
8. Birth (password required)
- Creating a new client history from Birth Notices received.
9. Offer of a home (password required)
- Birth notification visit.
- Offer of home visit.
- Pre-home visit safety assessment.
10. Create client (password required)
- State search.
- Creating new client record when client born interstate, overseas or. transferring in from non-CDIS council.
11. (password required)
- Transfer process in from a CDIs council.
- Changing internal sites.
- Open/change/close process when client moves interstate/overseas or to a non-CDIs council.
12. (password required)
- All processes required to accurately document a stillborn baby.
13. Universal Active (password required)
- Viewing active list by site for list of overdue KAS consults.
14. (password required)
- Adding new group dates.
- Manage groups to add facilitators.
- Adding clients to waitlist or directly to group.
- Documenting attendance, individual observations and group notes.
15. Enhanced Maternal and Child Health (password required)
- Referring the PCG to EMCH service.
- Assigning EMCH referral to a clinician.
- Adding children to EMCH program.
- Scheduling appointments in EMCH.
- EMCH closure.
16. Out of Home Care (password required)
- Adding clients to Out of Home Care Program through the Internal Referral.
- Accepting the Out of Home Care Internal Referral.
Reviewed 28 April 2023