- It is essential that service providers continue to report quarterly to the Department of Health & Human Services using the HACC MDS.
- To give feedback on the submitted data, the department publishes reports on the Funded Agency Channel.
- The HACC data help desk can assist service providers to report online.
- The department has also published technical guidance and counting rules to help service providers with their reporting.
- The reporting software that service providers should use is HACC MDS version 2.
About Home and Community Care data reporting
The data collection team of the Department of Health & Human Services manages the HACC Program for Younger People Minimum Data Set (MDS) in Victoria. Data for the Community Connection program and Aged Care Support for Carers program is also collected using this data set.
HACC Program for Younger People service providers are to submit their HACC MDS files quarterly:
- July – September data files are due between 1 October and 15 October
- October – December data files are due between 1 January and 15 January
- January – March data files are due between 1 April and 15 April
- April – June data files are due between 1 July and 15 July.
How to submit HACC data
For help with, or questions about the HACC MDS, please contact the Help Desk on (03) 9096 7255.
Accessing reports on the HACC MDS
HACC Program for Younger People service providers can access feedback reports on their quarterly HACC MDS via the Funded Agency Channel. These reports are updated during the submission periods.
To access HACC reports:
- log in to the Funded Agency Channel
- click on ‘My Agency’ from the menu
- scroll down to the 'Health reports - performance against targets'
- click on ‘Home and Community Care (HACC) reports’ link
- select 'Post transition reports' for current reporting
- from the list select (click on) a report to view it.
Resources to help service providers with their data reporting
Frequently asked questions about HACC MDS
Comparative guide to software products in Victoria 2012
This guide lists 19 software products that HACC service providers in Victoria use to collect and report their MDS version 2.
Counting rules for HACC assessment services
HACC MDS version 2 documentation
- Transmission Protocol HACC MDS v2.0.1 Victoria
- Transmission Protocol HACC MDS v2.0 Victoria
- HACC Program National MDS Victorian modification user guide version 2.0 Victoria June 2006
- Community Connection Program data collection: supplement to HACC MDS v2.01 guidelines
Reviewed 09 September 2015