The is responsible under the for the formulation of standards relating to health care safety and quality matters and for formulating and coordinating national models of accreditation for health service organisations.
- metropolitan (this includes specialist and denominational health services
- local and small rural and multi-purpose services
- clinical mental health services provided by public health services (including )
- public dental housed within health or
- community health services.
The Victorian Department of Health (the department) as the regulator is responsible for monitoring the accreditation status of health service organisations.
Where there is non-compliance, the department in its regulatory role, may increase surveillance and monitoring of the health service organisation until it achieves full compliance.
Reviewed 08 August 2023