- Hospitals using 5 million litres or more of water per annum are encouraged to use complete a WaterMAP.
- Local water corporations can assist.
- A hospital-specific water management plan template is available.
All Victorian hospitals using 5 million litres or more of drinking water per annum are encouraged to complete a water management action plan (WaterMAP) in conjunction with your local water corporation.
A WaterMAP can assist hospitals in planning long-term water and cost-efficiencies by:
- assessing the water usage
- identifying inefficiencies and opportunities for water savings
- preparing an action plan to implement water efficiency activities
- annually reporting on the implementation of water efficiency activities.
Help from local water corporations
Your local water corporation can assist you in preparing a WaterMAP. Your local water corporation may also be able to provide expert advice on water efficiency improvements and, in some instances, financial grants.
Prior to developing the WaterMAP, a hospital-specific water management plan was developed by water retailers and the department. A copy of this is available for those who wish to include this as part of their WaterMAP.
Reviewed 05 October 2015