- Waste management resources are available for health services.
- The waste minimisation and solid waste management guides assist with signage, waste reporting and disposal and relevant legislation.
There is a range of healthcare waste management resources and case studies available.
Waste minimisation in healthcare user guide
The Waste minimisation in healthcare user guide contains information on:
- signage for waste and recycling
- performance specifications for waste tenders
- waste reporting
- healthcare waste case studies (RESOURCE SMART website).
Solid waste management guide
The Solid waste management guide for hospitals and healthcare is broken into core waste and recycling streams and includes:
- definitions and examples of waste and recycling streams
- alternatives available for waste disposal
- on-site management and off-site disposal methods
- summary of legislation, policies, standards, codes and compliances relating to healthcare waste management.
Additional resources include:
- Quick reference guide to solid waste management in hospitals and healthcare
- Capital Projects and Service Planning Waste management guideline.
Reviewed 11 December 2022