Policy and Funding Guidelines
The Policy and Funding Guidelines represent the system-wide terms and conditions for government-funded healthcare organisations.
It includes, but is not limited to:
- health services and hospitals
- community service organisations
- other funded organisations such as Ambulance Victoria.
- are relevant to all funded organisations
- reflect the Department of Health’s role as the system steward
- provide operational and service delivery policy changes, and outline contractual, statutory, and other duties and requirements
- underpin the department’s individual contracts with funded organisations (including, but not limited to, the Statement of Priorities)
- detail the budgetary landscape, including funding and pricing arrangements as well as funded activity and targets
- consist of the following two separate, although interconnected, publications.
The Policy Guide provides detailed information on various operational and service delivery policy items.
- the conditions within funded organisations operate
- obligations, standards and requirements to which funded organisations are expected to adhere.
Part 1: Operational and Service Delivery Policy
Part 1 is not intended to be a complete, holistic guide to operational and service delivery policy in Victoria. Instead it provides health services with new policy changes for a range of delivered services.
Part 2: Obligations, Standards and Requirements
Outlines the standards and obligations to which funded organisations must adhere. This ensures the delivery of safe, high-quality services and responsible financial management. Download a copy of the policy below:
The Funding Rules cover the budgetary and funding parameters which funded organisations are expected to work.
Part 1: Budgetary Landscape and Pricing Arrangements
Details the budget highlights and outputs, and funding and pricing arrangements.
Part 2: Funding and Activity Levels
Provides funding and activity tables that detail the modelled budgets, as well as targets for a range of programs across the health system.
Download a copy of the funding rules below:
Download the policy and funding guidelines contact list:
Reviewed 13 September 2023