The Victorian Government is pleased to announce the service providers of the new Mental Health and Wellbeing Locals set to open in the coming months, meaning the ‘front door’ to Victoria’s mental health and wellbeing system is about to get bigger.
The new services will provide free mental health and wellbeing treatment, care and support to people aged 26 years and over in the following local government areas:
- City of Greater Dandenong
- Greater Shepparton City, Strathbogie Shire and Moira Shire
- Melton City
- Rural City of Mildura
- Yarra Ranges Shire
- City of Greater Bendigo, Loddon Shire and Campaspe Shire
- East Gippsland Shire.
Much like the first tranche of Mental Health and Wellbeing Locals that opened last year, these new services will be easy to access with no referral required from a health professional.
The Victorian Government is developing a responsive and integrated mental health and wellbeing system with local communities at its core. A rolling establishment program will see 50 Mental Health and Wellbeing Locals implemented across Victoria by the end of 2026.
The service providers are:
- East Gippsland: Wellways Australia in partnership with Gippsland Lakes Complete Health and Latrobe Regional Health
- Greater Bendigo-Loddon-Campaspe: Mind Australia in partnership with Bendigo & District Aboriginal Co-operative, Bendigo Health, Echuca Regional Health, The Salvation Army and Thorne Harbour Health Ltd
- Greater Dandenong: Mind Australia in partnership with Monash Health, The Victorian Foundation for Survivors of Torture Inc. and Thorne Harbour Health Ltd
- Greater Shepparton-Strathbogie-Moira: Wellways Australia in partnership with APMHA Healthcare Ltd and Goulburn Valley Health
- Melton: Mind Australia in partnership with IPC Health, MidWest Area Mental Health Service, Thorne Harbour Health Ltd and Western Health
- Mildura: Wellways Australia in partnership with Mallee District Aboriginal Services, Mildura Base Public Hospital and Sunraysia Community Health Services
- Yarra Ranges: Wellways Australia in partnership with Eastern Health, Inspiro and Oonah Belonging Place
Reviewed 16 October 2023