- Youth residential rehabilitation services provide psychosocial rehabilitation support to young people with a psychiatric disability.
Youth residential rehabilitation (YRR) services provide residential psychosocial rehabilitation support to young people 16–25 years of age with a psychiatric disability.
The aim of the YRR services is to help young people to achieve their recovery goals. This may include:
- learning or relearning skills and gaining the confidence required for independent living
- learning to better manage their mental illness
- developing social relationships, social connections, recreation, physical health, education, vocational training, employment and housing, and other needs
- support for alcohol and drug issues.
Reviewed 29 May 2015