The Department of Health has developed downloadable resources and promotional content to help your organisation share thunderstorm asthma preparedness messages through your communications and engagement activities.
You can also find the department’s public awareness campaign on the , as well as a series of videos in English and other languages to help consumers understand, prepare and manage the impacts of thunderstorm asthma on the .
Easy ways to get involved
Encourage Victorians and health sector professionals to be prepared for thunderstorm asthma this grass pollen season:
- Social media - Post about how to be prepared for the grass pollen season (which occurs from October through December each year) and during National Asthma Week (1-7 September).
- Videos - Share our easy-to-understand in English and other languages, on ways to prepare and manage the impacts of a thunderstorm asthma event.
- Websites and newsletters - Inform your audiences about actions they can take on your website or by newsletter.
- Posters and brochure - Display the thunderstorm asthma and asthma first aid posters, or the community brochure.
To order free printed posters or the brochure in English and other languages, please use the .
Downloadable resources and promotional content in English is available below.
A range of translated resources and promotional content is available on the page.
- Presentations - Talk to your community about thunderstorm asthma using our downloadable presentation slides and notes. You can also support your presentation with materials available to order.
Reviewed 28 September 2022