The Victorian Cost Data Collection (VCDC) is an annual submission that collects patient level cost information about the services used to deliver care, across all hospital patient settings. The collection acquires cost data from metropolitan, regional and sub-regional Health Services as per the Victorian Health Policy and Funding Guidelines.
The cost data is used to:
- Refine the existing Victorian funding models and assist in the development of future funding models;
- Enable analysis of cost data across health services;
- Inform development of budget proposals;
- Analyse the cost of health care;
- Perform comparative benchmarking;
- Inform best practice quality improvement initiatives; and
- Meet the cost data requirements of the National Health Reform Agreement (NHRA), via the National Hospital Cost Data Collection (NHCDC).
VCDC Documentation for reporting of cost data
Reviewed 26 October 2015