- All Blood Matters reports and journal articles are available including six-monthly Blood Management Committee reports and peer-reviewed journal articles.
- Archived publications from 2003 to 2008 are available on request.
Reports and journal articles are available for use within Victorian health services to help improve practice regarding blood and blood product management.
Blood Matters produces a six-monthly report for presentation at your Blood Management Committee. Other reports and clinical comparative audits, along with government policy guidelines, are also available.
The Blood Matters team has published articles in leading peer-reviewed journals, available on this page.
Reports, articles and government policies relating to transfusion
- Electronic Medical Records (EMR) Audit Report: a survey on the implementation and the use of an Electronic Medical Record (EMR) specific to blood management and transfusion practice report
- 2020 Preoperative anaemia assessment and management in elective surgical procedures survey report
- General practice audit of preoperative anaemia report 2019
Publications from 2003 to 2008 include:
- 2008: Transfusion Governance Survey Report
- 2007: Second report of the Victorian Better Safer Transfusion (BeST) Program 2
- 2006-07: Serious Transfusion Incident Report
- 2006: Better Safer Transfusion (BeST) Serious Transfusion Incident Reporting (STIR) system pilot
- 2006: Victoria's Better Safer Transfusion (BeST) Program report
- 2005: Towards Better Safer Blood Transfusion - A report for the Australian Council for Safety and Quality in Health Care
- 2004: Blood Matters Improvement Guide Final Report
- 2003: Blood Matters Project - results of consumer study.
These are available on request from the Blood Matters program.
Reviewed 31 October 2022