Each year the Department of Health reviews the data elements of the Victorian Alcohol and Drug Collection. This review - the annual changes process - seeks to ensure that alcohol and other drug (AOD) treatment sector data collected in Victoria:
- supports the department's state and national reporting obligations
- assists planning and policy development
- reflects changes in AOD treatment services funding and service provision arrangements for the coming financial year
- incorporates appropriate feedback from data providers on improvements.
The annual changes process is managed by the Health Services Data Unit and is governed by the VADC Change Management Group (CMG).
The CMG is comprised of:
- senior management representatives from the AOD treatment sector
- the Victorian Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation (VACCHO)
- the Victorian Alcohol and Drug Association (VAADA)
- senior departmental staff.
- provide advice for collection changes
- considers the impact of changes for the AOD sector
- ensures a coordinated, transparent approach to addressing changes.
Reviewed 08 June 2023