- The Department of Health and Human Services promotes and implements allied health recruitment and retention projects across rural and regional Victoria.
- The department funds rural allied health postgraduate scholarships and continuing professional development grants, administred by Rural Workforce Agency Victoria.
The Department of Health and Human Services is responsible for promoting and implementing health and human services recruitment and retention projects across rural and regional Victoria.
The Regional Health and Human Services Workforce Development Program promotes careers in rural and regional Victoria, focusing on allied health professions in the initial phases by:
- building regional capacity
- improving the coordination of allied health workforce recruitment and retention
- providing professional support.
Grants and scholarships
The department supports the Rural Workforce Agency Victoria (RWAV) to administer the Rural Allied Health Workforce Support Program, which provides rural CPD grants and post graduate scholarships.
This program supports rural allied health professionals to undertake post-graduate professional development opportunities to further develop their skills and knowledge and support their ongoing commitment and involvement in rural health.
For more information about the Rural Allied Health Support Programs:
Regional health offices
Reviewed 09 September 2015