- The Department of Health & Human Services supports an effective workforce in public sector residential aged care services through a range of training activities and events.
The Department of Health & Human Services supports an effective workforce in public sector residential care services through a range of training activities and events.
Comprehensive health assessment of the older person courses
The Department of Health & Human Services has licensed two universities to deliver courses in the comprehensive health assessment of older people for nurses working in health and aged care. The courses are provided on a fee-for-service basis.
The department recognises older people in need of health and aged care services increasingly have more than one health issue, a greater burden of disease, and greater risk of adverse events. The best way to assess an older person’s complex medical, social and care needs is with a comprehensive health assessment (CHA).
The training covers eight in-depth modules in comprehensive health assessment covering:
- Clinical reasoning and general assessment
- Communication of assessment findings and associated professional issues
- Psychosocial assessment
- Nutrition, metabolism and elimination assessment
- Cardiovascular system assessment
- Respiratory assessment
- Musculoskeletal assessment
- Cognition and perception assessment
For more information about the courses available please contact La Trobe University and RMIT University.
Aged Care Quality Improvement seminar
We are planning our next event – more information soon.
Reviewed 09 September 2015