- The Victorian Government is committed to ensuring that food served in our public sector residential aged care services (PSRACS) is fresh, healthy and where possible, locally sourced, supporting Victorian farmers and producers.
- To achieve this, a comprehensive review of PSRACS has been undertaken
- The review assessed the nutritional value, quality (including taste, variety and cultural diversity) and origin of the food being served up in PSRACS across Victoria.
- After this review, all Victorian PSRACS will be required to follow new nutrition and quality food standards.
- Food currently served in our PSRACS is of high quality and nutritious. This project aims to build on this and look at further opportunities to improve cultural diversity, variety and sourcing of local food.
Reviewed 28 December 2021