- Beyond Compliance provides a foundational approach for the safety and quality focus for Victorian Public Sector Residential Aged Care Services (PSRACS).
- Under Beyond Compliance, health services work in partnership with the Department of Health & Human Services to develop and implement initiatives that provide quality care beyond minimum accreditation requirements.
Beyond Compliance increases the focus on safety and quality in Victorian public sector residential aged care services (PSRACS). It is designed to support and build the capacity of Victorian PSRACS to continue to provide high-quality care and services to residents.
Health services work in partnership with the Department of Health & Human Services to develop and implement initiatives that provide quality care beyond minimum accreditation requirements.
Benefits of Beyond Compliance
Beyond Compliance is an opportunity to:
- build on PSRACS accreditation achievements for improving safety and quality
- promote positive partnerships
- share learnings
- seek out new opportunities
- improve care and services for residents.
Literature overview supporting Beyond Compliance
Systems for managing quality in Victorian public sector residential aged care services: a literature overview looks at systems for managing quality in Victorian PSRACS and exploring current knowledge about key generic components of quality systems that stimulate and sustain high quality care.
The integrated aged care report
The integrated aged care report (Quality in public sector residential aged care: where to from here? Integrated quality projects report, 2009) explores three major quality projects undertaken during 2008-09 as part of Beyond Compliance so that their outcomes might inform future quality initiatives. The report benchmarks where services were at with key aspects of quality systems (in 2008-09) and identifies the directions and actions required for driving safe and quality care for residents of PSRACS.
Reviewed 09 September 2015