- Palliative care consortia undertake regional palliative care planning and coodinate palliative care regional services in each Department of Health & Human Services region.
- Each regional consortium has its own website, which gives a comprehensive overview of the services it provides.
Palliative care consortia bring together senior management representatives and clinicians from all healthcare services funded to provide specialist palliative care. Their focus is to work collaboratively within each Department of Health and Human Services region to deliver and develop palliative care services.
Palliative care consortia support palliative care providers within their designated catchment to:
- raise awareness of palliative care amongst health care providers, ancillary services, community groups and organisations including residential facilities
- foster collaboration amongst service providers to maximize designated palliative care resources, reduce duplication of effort and promote consistency of practice
- promote end of life and palliative care education and training
- inform improvements to practice through their Clinical Advisory Group and broader clinical engagement activities, including liaison with Safer Care Victoria’s Palliative Care Clinical Network
- advise the department about regional priorities for future service development and funding.
Consortiums are required to provide an annual report to the Department of Health and Human Services at the completion of each financial year.
More information about each regional consortium including their annual reports can be found on their individual websites.
|Chairperson||Jacqui White, Manager Palliative Care, Barwon Health|
Phone: (03) 4215 5661
|Chairperson||Michael Bramwell, Operations Manager Palliative Care Services, St Vincent’s Hospital, Melbourne|
Phone: | Email:
|Chairperson||Cheryl Bush, Executive Manager Clinical and Nursing Services, Gippsland Lakes Community Health Service|
Phone: (03) 5623 0684 | Email:
|Chairperson||Peter Armstrong, Director Clinical Services, East Grampians Health Service|
Phone: 0428 171 341 | Email:
|Chairperson||Robyn Sprunt, Executive Manager Community Health and Wellbeing, NCN Health|
|Manager||Elizabeth Jenkins Phone: | Email:|
|Chairperson||Kathy Wright, Executive Director Clinical Services, Swan Hill District Health|
Phone: 5454 9215 | Email:
|Chairperson||Amy Noble, Senior Palliative Care Clinical Nurse Consultant, Royal Melbourne Hospital and Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre|
Phone: (03) 9977 0026 | Email:
Memorandum of understanding
Reviewed 10 January 2023