The department has a number of health workforce strategies underway to ensure Victorians are well served with a well-educated and trained health and medical workforce. These include the following:
- – This 10-year framework provides a long-term vision for alcohol and drug workforce planning and development targeted at Victoria’s drug and alcohol treatment sector. The plan sets priority activities to be undertaken to help people with drug or alcohol issues and their families.
- – Victoria’s Mental Health and Wellbeing Workforce Strategy 2021-24 responds to key recommendations of the Royal Commission into Victoria’s Mental Health System to build the workforce we need to support Victorians with mental illness or psychological distress.
- Well Placed. Well Prepared: 2012–15 – Well Placed. Well Prepared is a roadmap for supporting and growing Victoria’s capacity to deliver high-quality clinical placements to health students by supporting innovation, enhancing capacity, improving quality and strengthening governance
- – People in Health is designed to sustain a flexible and innovative Victorian health workforce that meets the community’s expectations of safe, timely and accessible health services through strengthening workforce development at all stages of health careers. The initiative identifies the mechanisms to provide a competent health workforce, ensuring the right numbers of health practitioners are in the right locations at the right time.
– The The plan identifies Victoria’s health workforce development priorities and the suite of initiatives that will ensure Aboriginal people have access to a range of career development and employment opportunities in health.
Alcohol and drug services workforce
The 10-year framework for alcohol and drug workforce planning and development targeted at Victoria’s drug and alcohol services treatment sector.
Mental health workforce strategy
The strategy outlines steps to stabilise the system and respond to critical mental health workforce priorities as we lay the foundations for the decade of reform ahead.
Reviewed 18 December 2021