- Nurses and midwives working in a Victorian public health service may be eligible for a scholarship for postgraduate study.
- The health service is responsible for determining the priority areas of practice based on workforce shortages and projected demand in areas of clinical practice.
- Nurses and midwives can apply for a scholarship through their employer.
If you are working in a Victorian public health service, you may be eligible for a scholarship to support you to do postgraduate study.
The department funds these scholarships directly to Victorian public health services.
Victorian public health services are responsible for determining the priority areas of practice, processing applications, selecting candidates and administering the scholarships. Priority areas are based on workforce shortages and projected demand in areas of clinical practice.
Eligible public health services and rural consortia will receive their scholarship quota by October 2015.
Information regarding all scholarships, including eligibility and conditions, is available in the guidelines. See the documents section below.
How to apply
For further information and to apply for a scholarship, contact your employer directly. See your director of nursing or education unit.
Other nursing scholarships
The following scholarships are also available:
- nurse practitioner (NP) scholarships
- postgraduate mental health nurse scholarships
- postgraduate maternal and child health nurse scholarships.
Reviewed 22 November 2021