- The Department of Health provides the Training and Development grant which contributes to the costs associated with teaching and training in Victorian public health services.
- Professional-entry student placements, graduate funding, and postgraduate medical, nursing and midwifery and allied health funding streams support the development of Victoria’s future health workforce.
The Department of Health (the department) provides Training and Development funding to Victorian public health services to contribute to the costs associated with teaching and training to support the development of a high-quality future health workforce for Victoria.
Multiple streams of funding are allocated to support the continuum of teaching and training activities including:
- professional-entry student placements
- transition-to-practice – early graduate positions (medical year one and two, nursing, midwifery and allied health)
- postgraduate medical, nursing and midwifery positions
- continuing nursing and midwifery education grants
- other targeted workforce training and development programs
Reviewed 17 November 2022