- Every vaccine delivery has a TagAlert® indicator in each box.
- TagAlert®electronically records the vaccine temperature during transport.
- If the TagAlert®says ‘OK’, the vaccine is safe to use.
- If the TagAlert® has an alarm, contact Onelink for advice.
Every vaccine delivery has a TagAlert® indicator in each box.
The TagAlert® electronically records the vaccine temperature during transport. It has four temperature and time-out-of-range alarm limits. An alarm is triggered if a heat or freeze breach occurs during transport from the warehouse to the immunisation provider.
Immediately check the TagAlert® in every vaccine box at delivery.
If the TagAlert® says ‘OK’
If ‘OK’ is displayed on the screen, the vaccine is safe to use. Unpack and refrigerate the vaccine promptly and discard the single-use TagAlert®.
If the TagAlert® has an alarm
An alarm has been triggered when the screen displays black boxes over the ‘OK’ and the numbers 1, 2, 3 or 4 appear.
Isolate the vaccine in the fridge and call Onelink for advice. Discard the TagAlert® after you receive advice from Onelink.
TagAlert® hardware – accuracy and validation
TagAlert® is an accurate validation of cold chain management for the delivery of vaccines:
- The TagAlert® is subjected to a one-point accuracy test before it is shipped to the customer.
- The TagAlert® is validated for 12 months and has a certificate of validation.
- Sensitech (manufacturer of TagAlert®) is a world-leading provider of cold chain solutions.
Reviewed 08 October 2015