The Digital health capability framework for allied health professionals specifies core aspects of digital health for allied health professionals. This framework will:
- guide allied health use of digital health technologies and clinical information systems
- improve coordination of patient care, safety and clinical outcomes, and
- drive innovation and research into new models of care.
The Digital health capability framework for allied health professionals aims to outline knowledge and behaviours required for safe, effective allied health practice in digitised health care environments. In addition, it articulates a pathway for allied health professionals pursuing a career in digital health and clinical informatics.
The framework identifies four domains and outlines the capabilities essential to the provision of safe and high quality care:
- Domain 1: The digital workplace
- Domain 2: Digital professionalism
- Domain 3: Data and informatics
- Domain 4: Digital transformation.
By enabling allied health workforce development, the framework contributes to best practice, service improvement and health outcomes. The self-evaluation tool will support individual allied health professionals, teams and departments to evaluate their digital health knowledge and skills. Learning and development plans can then be implemented.
Reviewed 18 December 2022