- End of life and palliative care information for people, families and carers is available on the Better Health Channel.
- A summary of Victoria's end of life and palliative care framework outlines service improvements for people, their families and carers.
- Video resources explain end of life and palliative care.
- Information is available in various languages.
End of life and palliative care information on the Better Health Channel
Information is available on:
- support and practical care to assist families and carers
- assistance for people living with a life-limiting condition
- planning and decisions for the end of life
- dying and dealing with grief, loss and bereavement.
End of life and palliative care information for all communities
The provides information for all communities under the tab 'Palliative care for all communities'. This includes information for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, the LGBTIQ+ community, children, teenagers and young adults, older Victorians and culturally and linguistically diverse communities.
Victoria’s end of life and palliative care framework
The end of life and palliative care framework was released in July 2016.
The framework emphasises a person-centred approach inclusive of all groups and communities. It aims to improve service integration, knowledge and skill across service sectors, and strengthen home-based care at the end of life.
A consumer version summary and summary for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are available below.
A consumer version summary is also available from the in the following languages: Arabic, Croatian, Greek, Italian, Macedonian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish and Vietnamese.
Palliative Care Victoria
Phone: (61 3) 9662 9644
- TTY users, call 133 677, then ask for (03) 9662 9644
- Speak and Listen users, call 1300 555 727 then ask for (61 3) 9662 9644
- Internet relay users, connect to the then ask for (61 3) 9662 9644.
There is an interpreting service for callers who speak other languages.Call (61 3) 9662 9644 and ask for the language you need.
Reviewed 15 February 2023