- To become an enrolled nurse, you need to complete a Diploma of Nursing offered by a TAFE or registered training organisation
- You can study full time, part time or do a traineeship.
Diploma of Nursing
To become an enrolled nurse, you need to complete a Diploma of Nursing, which:
- is offered at Victorian TAFEs or registered training organisations
- can be undertaken either as full-time or part-time studies or as a traineeship
- may be government-subsidised, where students will pay a small administration fee, or it may be full fee-paying.
More information about courses and qualifications for an enrolled nurse
To find out more:
- see the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA) website for a list of accredited programs
- search the TAFE Courses Directory to find out where these courses are available
- see the national competency standards for enrolled nurses, courses and registration page on the NMBA website
- download the factsheet in the documents section for information about traineeships
- see the page on enrolled nurse conversion.
Reviewed 09 September 2015