- The Victorian Managed Insurance Authority (VMIA) provides risk advice and insurance services to the Victorian Government.
- VMIA‘s Cemetery Trust Insurance Program provides a range of insurance products with coverage specific to the needs of cemetery trusts.
- The program provides a comprehensive suite of insurance policies to protect cemetery trusts and its management, members, directors, officers, employees and volunteers.
The Victorian Managed Insurance Authority (VMIA) provides a comprehensive range of insurance and risk management services to the Victorian Government, including cover to Victorian public cemetery trusts established under the Cemeteries and Crematoria Act 2003.
The insurance products covered under the VMIA’s Cemetery Trust Insurance Program include:
- industrial special risks (property insurance)
- public/products liability
- professional indemnity
- director’s and officers’ liability (including employment practices violation)
- group personal accident insurance for trust members and volunteers
- view relevant risk management resources
- Cyber liability (security breach to computer systems).
An overview of the insurance program can be downloaded.
However, for full details regarding coverage or how to lodge an incident/claim, contact VMIA as follows:
How to make a claim
Note that it is essential that trusts first lodge a claim with VMIA to determine if specific damage to cemetery trust property is covered under the insurance policy and can be claimed.
Reviewed 08 October 2015