- Governance and operational training programs funded by the department are available to all Class A and Class B cemetery trust members.
- The department has contracted TAFE Gippsland who have partnered with Our Community to deliver governance and operational training across Victoria.
- All Class A and Class B trust members are encouraged to complete the training program.
Governance and operational training programs funded by the department are available to:
- Class A cemetery trust members and senior staff
- Class B cemetery trust members and secretaries.
TAFE Gippsland and Our Community
The department has contracted TAFE Gippsland who have partnered withto develop and deliver governance and operational training programs for Class A and Class B cemetery trusts.
Our Community delivers this program on behalf of TAFE Gippsland.
The objective of the training program is to provide cemetery trust members with practical and relevant information and materials relating to the governance and operations of Victorian cemetery trusts. This training will also provide trust members with information about the key regulatory and legislative frameworks within which a Victorian cemetery trust operates.
Attendance at these training programs is highly recommended and encouraged by the department. All trust members and secretaries are eligible to attend.
All the training materials used in the training workshops have been developed in consultation with the department, cemetery trusts and the Cemeteries and Crematoria Association of Victoria.
Governance training delivery
The Class A training program is a 1-day workshop offered to all Class A trust members and senior staff.
The Class B training program is a 2-day workshop that can be accessed in a number of ways:
- Our Community directly invites trusts to participate in training.
- Individual trust members can contact Our Community directly to enrol in a training session.
- Our Community can arrange a workshop at a location close to the trust, provided the trust can guarantee attendance of at least eight people for the workshop (often two trusts get together to arrange this).
For additional information or to arrange a workshop, please contact:
Evaluation of training program 2011-2016
In June 2016, ACIL Allen Consulting completed an evaluation of the Governance and Operational Training Program 2011-2016 for Victorian cemetery trusts. The purpose of the evaluation was to examine all aspects of the training program, identify opportunities to improve the training program and training materials, and where practicable identify opportunities to deliver the training more efficiently and effectively.
The final report contains 12 recommendations that are currently being implemented by the department. Please note, sensitive information about the previous program has not been made available to the public at this time.
Reviewed 29 June 2018