Together we achieve more. It’s that simple. We’re not in a competition. We’re partners in creating better, safer, more sustainable health outcomes for Victorians. We’re in it together. And we’re in it for each other.
This includes the people of Victoria, our health, wellbeing and care workers, the department, the health and mental health sectors, our local communities, national bodies, ACCHOs, states and territories, public, private and non-government organisations. It also includes the people who are invested in, responsible for, and passionate about the health and wellbeing of Victorians.
By sharing data, knowledge, research and resources, we can design and deliver better and more integrated services that lead to better health outcomes for all. We’ll have a unified health, wellbeing and care system that delivers exceptional patient care. Data, health information and evidence will be brought together by advanced platforms that speak to each other. This will ultimately provide a seamless patient experience and improved health outcomes for individuals and communities.
As chronic conditions that require multiple care providers increase, it is more important than ever to make sure the patient’s care team are all on the same page and working towards a common goal.
- Linked services through planning, sharing information, and designing together
- Partnerships with states and territories and the commonwealth to champion system reform
- Better-connected services that allow people to move easily through the system
- Targeted health support for children in care
- Data sharing agreements between Victorian Primary Health Networks and the department
- System-wide improvements to support timely emergency care
- Better services for older people in aged care settings
- The Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Collaboration
- Backing pharmacists to boost our health system
- Doing what matters for local communities – community health
- Sustainable system and affordable care.
Reviewed 31 August 2023