There are plenty of ways you can support your students' oral health beyond Smile Squad visits:
- The Smile Squad action helps you explore the ways you can support good oral health for your school community, including fact sheets.
- Get involved with a formal program to support improved healthy and download further resources.
- Read the School operations Dental Service Policy on the Department of Education
Smile Squad has developed two brochures: Eat Well, Drink Well, Clean Well and an information brochure for parents and carers. The brochures can be downloaded from the Smile Squad oral health resources page and are available in English as well as Arabic, Dari, Chinese (simplified and traditional), Turkish, Urdu and Vietnamese.
Access to urgent dental services before your Smile Squad visit
If a student has dental pain, please contact their parent or carer who can contact their nearest dentist or community dental clinic for help. To locate their nearest clinic, they can:
- use the Community dental clinics
- contact the Royal Dental Hospital of on 03 9341 1000 (Melbourne Metro) or 1800 833 039 (outside Melbourne Metro) or email email@example.com.
Smile Squad hasn't reached our school yet. How can students access low-cost dental care?
If Smile Squad isn't coming to your school, or students need to see a dentist sooner, there are other ways to access dental care. Visit the Smile Squad school visits page if you'd like information to share with parents and carers.
Reviewed 05 April 2023