Smile Squad is the Victorian Government's only fully-funded school dental program. It offers free dental services to all Victorian government primary, secondary and specialist schools, including Virtual School Victoria.
We’ll visit your school and provide your students with free dental treatment, dental packs and oral health information.
Your school principal will receive an email from your community dental agency, inviting you to participate. Your local community dental agency will then contact your school directly.
How Smile Squad works
Visit our About Smile Squad page to find out more about Smile Squad.
What do schools have to do
To support Smile Squad being delivered at your school:
- nominate a key contact to liaise with Smile Squad
- work with Smile Squad to plan for site visits, student consent and participation, and promotion of the program.
- You can use the Smile Squad communication to promote the program across your school community.
- For detailed guidance on implementing Smile Squad in your school please see the Department of Education Dental Services .
- For translated consent forms in community languages, please visit our Smile Squad consent page.
Schools supporting oral health
Schools can support students’ oral health between Smile Squad visits.
Reviewed 12 April 2023