The department has developed fit-for-purpose guidance for the sex industry in consultation with sex worker organisations and other key stakeholders.
This guidance is the main source of information for the sex industry to support STI and BBV prevention in the transition to decriminalisation. It is a companion document to the
The document includes information about:
- Services for the sex industry.
- The public health approach to preventing, managing and controlling STIs and BBVs in Victoria.
- Best practice STI and BBV prevention methods for sex workers.
- Brothel and escort agency provisions in the Public Health and Wellbeing Act.
- Best practice STI and BBV prevention methods for business operators.
The methods described in the guidance, such as condom use, regular testing and taking reasonable steps to avoid onward transmission are best practice regardless of occupation.
This document will be available soon in Korean, Simplified Chinese, Thai and Vietnamese.
- Date published
- 20 Jun 2023
Reviewed 21 June 2023