Element 2 involves engaging and informing staff of the project drivers, background and aims, and links to organisational strategic priorities. It uses staff engagement forums, focus groups and informal meetings.
- Actively engage allied health staff to facilitate and enable change.
- Inform stakeholders of the project and drivers for workforce reform.
- Inform stakeholders of the links between the VAWM and organisational priorities.
- Build stakeholder capacity for accepting change.
- Enhance staff participation in the Victorian Assistant Workforce Model (VAWM).
- Conduct a needs analysis.
Element 2 activities occur throughout the nine-month suggested timeline for the implementation process.
Element 2 draws on the VAWM’s overarching principles of change management and consultation.
Activity 2.1: Inform staff and prepare for information communication
Activity 2.1 involves informing staff and looking for opportunities for informal communication
Activity 2.2: Consult with managers
Activity 2.2 includes engaging with allied health managers to embed a positive organisational culture.
Activity 2.3: Conduct staff engagement forums
Activity 2.3 covers holding staff engagement forums to provide an overview of the Victorian Assistant Workforce Model.
Activity 2.4: Conduct focus groups
Activity 2.4 involves conducting focus groups to gather information about staff beliefs and attitudes towards the project.
Activity 2.5: Engage stakeholders – investigate and analyse phase
Activity 2.5 relates to engaging stakeholders as part of implementing the Victorian Assistant Workforce Model.
Reviewed 04 October 2015