- Engage with allied health managers to embed a positive organisational culture.
- Consult with managers early in the process.
Engage with allied health managers to embed a positive organisational culture in which allied health assistants (AHAs) are considered an important part of the allied health workforce.
Early consultation with managers is important, as their support for the Victorian Assistant Workforce Model (VAWM) can directly influence staff attitudes and participation.
- Give managers the Supervision and delegation framework for allied health assistants.
- Prepare agendas and relevant documents, such as the VAWM overview publication for meetings with managers.
- Communicate via face-to-face meetings, either individually or at already scheduled allied health manager meetings, and via email contact.
- Prepare a summary of project aims, progress to date and actions required by managers and their staff. This will be useful for managers unfamiliar with the VAWM.
- Managers informed of Supervision and delegation framework for allied health assistants.
- Managers informed of the VAWM and timeline for implementation.
- Face-to-face meetings with managers conducted.
- Email contact established with key stakeholders.
Reviewed 05 October 2015