This section of the Chief Health Officer report looks at population and other demographic data about Victorians.
It includes information about:
- age and sex distribution
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Victorians
- rural and regional Victorians
- cultural diversity
- lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, queer and other (LGBTIQ+) Victorians.
This section also discusses income distribution and disadvantage and briefly discusses some data on refugee and asylum seekers in Victoria.
It draws on:
- information from the Australian Bureau of
- Korin Korin Balit-Djak: the Aboriginal health, wellbeing and safety strategic plan 2017-27
- the Victorian population health survey 2016, published by the Department of Health and Human Services in 2018.
Reviewed 17 April 2023