Five research principles underpin all research supported by the Department of Health, ensuring that priority research is designed to maximise outcomes for all Victorians.
- Equity and inclusion: Research proactively addresses disparity or need, and is inclusive of priority cohorts, groups, and communities.
- Sex and gender: Research workforce and activity is inclusive of different sexes and genders, and includes analysis and reporting of sex and gender differences, where relevant.
- Person-centred: Research directly addresses patient and consumer needs by considering community perspectives and involvement.
- Collaboration: Research incorporates multidisciplinary perspectives, including economic considerations, where relevant.
- Translation: Research considers how knowledge can be transferred, with a clear pathway for findings to be translated into policy and practice.
Reviewed 10 October 2022