- Establish a steering committee.
- Establish and document terms of reference for the steering committee.
Set up a steering committee to:
- consider the priorities of the health system and the organisation
- monitor project activities against plans
- identify opportunities and challenges within the organisation.
Steering committee membership
Your executive sponsor will provide direction for the composition of the steering committee.
Suitable members may include:
- senior managers in a position to bring about/approve change
- senior representative/s from each site within the organisation
- project champions
- internal stakeholders
- external stakeholders if applicable (for example representatives from primary care partnerships, Medicare locals, local registered training organisations).
- Steering committee members confirmed.
- Terms of reference established and documented.
- Steering committee meetings scheduled for the duration of the project.
Reviewed 05 October 2015