In July 2015, the Victorian Government announced an independent review to explore the functioning of the new arrangements arising from the recommissioning of mental health community support services and alcohol and drug treatment services, and to provide advice on the next steps in ensuring that the service system meets the needs of those with severe and persistent mental illness and those with addictions.
ObjectivesTo conduct an independent review of the recommissioned mental health community support and alcohol and drug treatment service system to:
- identify what is working well with the new system
- explore any gaps or issues with the new arrangements, and identify potential solutions to address these
- listen to clients, carers, service providers and referrers about how the functioning of the system can be further improved
- identify where further work may be required to address any outstanding system functioning or implementation issues
- provide a basis for future planning and strategic service development, including but not limited to development of the new ten-year mental health plan and preparation for transition to the National Disability Insurance Scheme.
- Date published
- 03 Aug 2015
- 2 pages
- Department of Health & Human Services
- Available format
Reviewed 04 August 2015