The Department of Health (formerly the Department of Health and Human Services) conducted a census of the Victorian environmental health workforce in 2012, 2018 and again in 2022.
The data and information provided in the reports covers a range of key metrics we have tracked over these periods.
Results are presented using two separate dashboards:
- 2022 environmental health workforce dashboard: A standalone workforce census including additional information on the impacts of COVID 19 on professionals, as well indicators on job satisfaction, supports and career paths.
- 2012/2018 environmental health workforce dashboard: A workforce census, that provides overview of the nature of the Victorian environmental health workforce, capturing data from 2012 and 2018.
Victorian environmental health workforce report 2022
- Percentage totals for some figures or tables may not equate to 100% due to rounding artefacts.
- While a large proportion of questions were mandatory and completed (almost 100%) by respondents, the number of respondents used for these graphs was 163. The degree to which the answers to these questions are generalisable back to the broader Environmental health officer workforce are therefore limited.
Victorian environmental health workforce report 2012 and 2018
- Some questions received a large proportion (70% and above) of ‘No answer’ responses across both surveys. The degree to which the answers to these questions are generalisable back to the broader Environmental health workforce are therefore limited.
- The proportion of ‘No answer’ responses is included in the data to illustrate where responses may not be generalisable.
- The number of survey respondents used for these graphs is 415 and 370 for the 2012 and 2018 surveys, respectively.
- Due to rounding artefacts the percentage totals for some figures or tables may not equate to 100%.
For more information
We are continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying the relevant accessibility standards. Should you experience any difficulty in accessing the Power BI reports or require more information, please don’t hesitate to contact us at .
Reviewed 29 December 2022