The routine schedule of vaccines provided free under the National Immunisation Program.
Free vaccine Victoria - Criteria for eligibility lists the schedule of vaccines by brand name and who is eligible for free vaccine.
Immunisation is offered in secondary school to all students in Year 7 and Year 10 and boys in Year 9 of secondary school. Students are eligible to receive these vaccines for free through a school-based immunisation program.
For more information see:
Read the latest newsletter online or select from one of our past newsletters. The current edition includes:
- Tips for ordering government vaccine
- 14th National Immunisation Conference
- Injection site reaction following four-year-old DTPa-IPV dose 4 – a case report
- Melbourne Vaccine Education Centre website
- Primary school enrolment − immunisation status certificates
- Gardasil® vaccine catch-up program for Year 9 boys ends
- How to notify the HPV Register of doses administered
- Influenza vaccine – keep vaccinating your eligible patients
- Pneumovax®23 vaccine packaging is changing
- Pneumovax® 23 vaccine – healthy adults are eligible for free vaccine
- Poster - which limb will I use?
- New hepatitis B resources for Chinese and Vietnamese communities
- Resources for parents and caregivers
- Further reading
The risk of complications from childhood diseases like measles is much higher than the risks of immunisation. Vaccination protects against infection, saves lives and protects those who are too young or too sick to be immunised.