The routine schedule of vaccines provided free under the National Immunisation Program.
Free vaccine Victoria - Criteria for eligibility lists the schedule of vaccines by brand name and who is eligible for free vaccine.
Immunisation is offered in secondary school to all students in Year 7 and Year 10 and boys in Year 9 of secondary school. Students are eligible to receive these vaccines for free through a school-based immunisation program.
For more information see:
Read the latest newsletter online or select from one of our past newsletters. The current edition includes:
- Influenza vaccine – keep vaccinating your eligible patients
- Bexsero® – meningococcal B vaccine advice for vaccinators
- Secondary school vaccines – what’s planned for 2015
- Vaccine errors reported in 2013
- Free immunisation resources
- The hepatitis B story
- Hepatitis B vaccine – more at-risk groups eligible for a free course
- Case report: anaphylaxis following influenza vaccine
- Planning a tropical holiday? Avoid animals!
- Post-exposure prophylaxis for rabies virus and other lyssavirus exposures
- BCG vaccine shortage
- 14th National Immunisation Conference 17–19 June 2014, Melbourne
- Further reading
The risk of complications from childhood diseases like measles is much higher than the risks of immunisation. Vaccination protects against infection, saves lives and protects those who are too young or too sick to be immunised.