The Department of Families, Fairness and Housing monitors supported residential services (SRS) in Victoria to ensure they meet identified standards of personal support and accommodation.The role of the department is to:
- register SRS premises
- assess proprietors’ suitability to operate an SRS
- monitor compliance with the relevant legislation and standards, including managing the compliance regulatory regime and responding to complaints and reports of prescribed reportable incidents
- provide information and education to proprietors
- provide information to residents, their families and the general public
- provide assistance to pension-level SRS to support Victorians experiencing disadvantage.
Legislation governing supported residential services
The Department of Health & Human Services administers the legislation that governs supported residential services.
Reviewed 08 September 2015