Department of Health

Information for residents and prospective residents

Supported residential services (SRS) has moved to the Department of Families Fairness and Housing (DFFH).

For the latest information on Supported residential services for providers, please see the SRS information on the DFFH’s providers website.

For the latest information on accessing a supported residential service, please see the DFFH’s services website.

We will remove this page soon.

Supported residential services (SRS) are privately operated businesses that provide accommodation and support services for Victorians who need help with everyday activities. Prospective residents should visit an SRS before moving in to see if the service suits their budget and support needs. The SRS proprietor will provide information about the services it offers and fees. Prospective residents can also ask questions about the service and where appropriate talk to people who already live there.

There are also resources to help people considering moving into an SRS:

  • Living in a SRS explains SRS residents’ legal rights and protections.
  • Welcome to our home is a short induction video for people moving into an SRS.
  • SRS frequently asked questions answers common questions people may have about moving into an SRS.

Reviewed 11 August 2022


Contact details

Standards and Regulation Human Services Regulator

Was this page helpful?