- The Redesigning Hospital Care Program (RHCP) assists health services to identify the most appropriate measures for their redesign work.
- Specific RHCP guides are available for emergency departments, surgical services, chemotherapy day units and specialist clinics.
The Redesigning Hospital Care Program (RHCP) has developed a series of practical guides to assist managers and clinicians in specific healthcare settings to select the most appropriate measures for their redesign work.
These downloadable guides are specifically designed for emergency departments, surgical services, chemotherapy day units and specialist clinics.
The guides provide a range of tools and recommendations to help senior clinicians identify and implement the best measures for prioritising, monitoring and measuring the results of their redesign projects.
The guides provide:
- detailed and high-level process maps
- a variety of recommended measures for process redesign
- a suite of measures that health services can choose from, depending on their specific needs and priorities
- tips for collecting and presenting measurement data.
The guides are designed to be used in the context of a comprehensive redesign and change management framework, and in conjunction with advice from the health service’s redesign team.
The RHCP will develop further guides to update this series.
Reviewed 11 December 2022