- The Victorian Health Information Surveillance System displays public health indicators interactively.
- There are four interactive components, Victorian population health survey, Burden of disease, Avoidable mortality and Ambulatory care sensitive conditions.
- You can generate tables and graphs containing data for the state of Victoria, or specific areas within the state.
These graphs and tables can be exported and downloaded in pdf, Excel, TIFF, CSV and web archive formats.
There are four interactive components available on VHISS:
- Victorian Population Health Survey (VPHS)
- Burden of Disease (BoD)
- Avoidable Mortality (AM)
- Ambulatory Care Sensitive Conditions (ACSCs).
The data are standardised to monitor trends over time.
Users can generate tables and graphs containing data for the state of Victoria, or specific areas within the state including:
- age group
- metropolitan/rural regions
- Department of Health & Human Services regions
- primary care partnerships (PCPs)
- local government areas (LGAs).
- Index of Socioeconomic Disadvantage (IRSED)
- Accessibility and Remoteness Index of Australia (ARIA).
Ambulatory care sensitive conditions and avoidable mortality reports
In the ACSCs and AM reports, data can also be reported by two indexes:
A brief guide to getting started using VHISS is available for download.
Reviewed 28 October 2021