Residents of Shepparton have been advised to be tested for coronavirus.
Victoria’s Commander of Testing and Community Engagement Jeroen Weimar said the advice follows the notification of three positive cases in Shepparton today
“We have three active cases that are self-isolating at home and are being monitored by Goulburn Valley Health,” Mr Weimar said.
“Extensive contact tracing has commenced by local authorities. We expect as part of that effort, further cases will be discovered."
"To everyone locally - even if you haven't been near these locations - if you feel unwell at all, please get tested as soon as possible and stay at home until you get your results,” Mr Weimar said.
“If you need additional support to stay home, there are financial payments available to assist those who need it."
"We're asking everyone in the local community - and any Victorian who has loved ones in Shepparton - to share this message."
The current list of high risk locations in Shepparton are:
- Central Tyre Service, Welsford Street Shepparton from Wednesday 30 September 2020 to Tuesday 13 October 2020.
- Bunnings Warehouse, Midland Highway Shepparton Friday 2 October 2020
- McDonalds Shepparton North, 175 Midland Highway Shepparton Saturday 3 October 2020
- Mooroopna Golf Club Members Bar, Sunday 4 October and Pro Shop and Members Bar Sunday 11 October
- Shepparton Market Place Medical Centre, Midland Highway Shepparton Thursday 8 October 2020
- Lemon Tree Café, Fryers Street Shepparton
- Thai Orchid Restaurant, Nixon Street Shepparton on Wednesday 7 October 2020 from 7:00pm to 8:30pm.
- Bombshell Hairdressing, Fryers Street Shepparton on Wednesday 7 October 2020 from 9:30am to 10:30am.
From tomorrow Shepparton residents can be tested at GV Health's Acute Respiratory Clinic at Graham Street, Shepparton. It is open seven days per week from 9:00am to 5:30pm.
Further testing sites will be established tomorrow and these will be publicised through the media and on the GV Health website. A pop up site will be established at the showgrounds from 12.30pm.
At this stage we are not aware of other cases in the Benalla, Campaspe, Moira and Strathbogie regions.
Information regarding COVID-19 is available at the Department of Health and Human Services website or by calling 1800 675 398.
The GV Health hotline can also be contacted on 1800 313 070 between 8am and 8pm.
The exposure sites can be found here:
Department of Health & Human Services Media Unit
Reviewed 12 October 2020